My name is Avery Gordon and I am a NETA certified personal trainer. Fitness and athletics have been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember, and has developed into not only a job but also a passion. From playing just about every rec league sport to becoming a varsity golfer in high school, I’ve always been around and loved athletics. My interest in fitness started in high-school where I took strength and conditioning classes and continued through college where I began my fitness career. As a student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg I started personal training and teaching group, fitness classes. This is where I really realized the physical and mental benefits of fitness and discovered my passion for sharing that with others! I am excited to be a part of the SWEAT team and can’t wait to train with you!
• What is your full name?
Avery Makena Gordon
• Where were you born?
Iowa City, Iowa
• What is your all time favorite book?
• Who is your hero?
• How long have you been a trainer/fitness instructor?
• Favorite cheat meal?
Pizza, Pasta, and fried potatoes of any kind. There’s a bunch more but those are the main ones right now
• Most daring thing you’ve ever done?
Probably teaching group fitness classes haha
• Did you play any sports growing up?
Yes, pretty much all of them but mainly golf!
• Any hobbies we need to know about?
Learning to play the guitar, biking, and golfing
• Biggest accomplishment?
Graduating college and becoming a certified personal trainer!
• Have you ever had any broken bones?
Barely, I broke a few small bones in my foot
• How many siblings do you have?
One, my sister!
• How do you stay motivated to workout and stay fit?
It has become a part of my life now like a habit, and it is a way for me to stay accountable to myself which is a big motivation! I also love the way I feel both mentally and physically when I am staying consistent which helps a lot
• What’s your favorite music to listen to when training?
Classic rock/hard rock, and sometimes country
• Are you the type of person that would tell someone they had food in their teeth? Or would you let it ride?
Depends on the situation, but usually I’ll let someone know
• Dogs or cats?
• What’s your hidden talent not many people know about?
I am almost to the point where I can say playing the guitar is a talent haha. I am also pretty good at golf
• Weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
Frog legs, or crawfish from a gas station which was not a good move
• What’s your favorite thing about being a SWEAT-or?
The community and being able to help people achieve their fitness goals within that community!
• Favorite quote?
“You got to be what you are”, I have no idea who said it but it stuck with me and I like it
• When you’re not “SWEATing” at Sweat, what are you most likely doing?
Anything outside or active like biking, I love biking. I also like listening to podcasts, watching TV, or hanging out with friends!