Hi, I’m Jessica Mihm!
Movement is a constant theme in my life.
I’ve been a mover & shaker since I could walk & competed in swimming, tennis, basketball, track, and volleyball. I played Division 1 collegiate volleyball + graduated from The University of Southern California. FIGHT ON!
Short story: my life changed dramatically when an elbow tendon injury ended my hopes of a professional volleyball career. Adrift and healing from Tommy John’s surgery, I needed to find a way to calm my mind and heal my body.
I had done yoga for years throughout high school & college, but it was never a lifestyle. When I found the Progressive Ashtanga Yoga method I fell in love whole-heartedly with yoga & it became a lifestyle. My passion is to help others heal themselves through different forms movement and breath work.
I’m a proud Texan, and my bragging rights include living in Austin way before it was “cool”. I’ve moved around the world a bit, including: Southern California, 300 miles above the Arctic Circle in Alta, Norway (hence the Wolf-doggo you’ll see in my IG feed), the beautiful Caribbean in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and I’ve finally dropped roots down here in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida. When I am not on a yoga mat, throwing weights around, trying new ways to explore movement and grow muscles, you can find me freediving/spearfishing for groceries or floating in the ocean with my family on a sandbar.
• Certified Personal Trainer. (15 + yrs) A.C.E.
• 200-hr EYT (200 RYS: Ashtanga Yoga Puerto Rico).
• 500-hr EYT (300 RYS: Ashtanga Yoga Puerto Rico).
• Authorized Rocket Vinyasa
• Yoga Alliance 500EYT & YACEP Provider
• SPENST (Norway) Spin Instructor & Group Fitness.
• Certified by FMS (Funtional Movement Systems) to administer the Functional Movement Screen.
• Functional Movement Specialist & Chiro assistant (under Dr Lance R. / RxChiro).
• Facilitator of the High Vibration Living 200 & 300 Hour Yoga School & Teacher Trainings, accredited by Yoga Alliance.